As a modern general dentistry office, we offer a full suite of dental procedures. Although we refer to local specialists when necessary, we have two dentists with diverse talents and backgrounds on staff. As a result, we can accommodate nearly all of your oral health care needs.
The following is a nearly complete list of the services we offer. Not all of our procedures are listed. If you have any doubts, please call our office.
- All Ceramic Crowns – these metal free crowns enable you to have the beautiful and stunning smile you have always dreamed about.
- Dental Bonding – bonding is a single visit in-office solution offering immediate results to enhance your smile.
- Esthetic Tooth Recontouring – learn how this quick and easy procedure can fix small chips, defects, and uneven teeth in a single visit.
- Invisalign and ClearCorrect – Invisible braces allow for the correction of orthodontic problems without metal bands and wires.
- Kor Whitening – have you tried regular teeth whitening without success? Get phenomenal results with the best whitening solution out there – Kor Whitening.
- Porcelain Veneers – veneers can give you an immediate smile transformation with long lasting and cosmetic porcelain.
- Traditional Teeth Whitening – learn about our in-office and take home bleaching products to whiten your smile.
- White Spot Treatment – see how we can treat white spots in a conservative and non-invasive manner.
- We are experts in handling dental emergencies. Unlike other offices that will frequently refer out patients in acute pain, we can nearly always relieve that pain the same day!
- Dental Bridges – another way to replace missing teeth.
- Dental Crowns – when a tooth is very broken down or has a large, failing filling, a crown is needed to prevent further breakdown.
- Dental Implants – implants are the best substitutes for missing teeth. Drs. Calcaterra have helped hundreds of patients restore lost smiles with implants!
- Dentures – for patients missing some or all of your teeth, removable or complete dentures are the solution.
- Implant Supported Dentures – tired of loose dentures? Dentures supported by implants will allow you to “ditch the adhesive!”
- Periodontal Care – The tissue surrounding the teeth can become diseased. This is known as periodontal or gum disease.
- Root Canals – root canals, also called endodontic therapy, allow you to save a very compromised tooth. Plus, root canals don’t cause pain, they relieve it!
- Silver Mercury Filling replacement – should you have those filling replaced? Maybe. A discussion of whether you need to do this.
- Single Tooth Flipper – what is a flipper and when do you wear one?
- White Fillings – we offer white or tooth colored fillings. None of our filling materials contain BPA (Bisphenol A).
Gluten Free Dentistry
- We were the first office in Connecticut and one of the first in the entire U.S. to offer a gluten free dental experience.
- Nightguards – many patients grind the enamel off their teeth or clench very hard leading to muscle pain and/or TMD. Our nightguards can help.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea Appliances – Do you have sleep apnea and hate your CPAP? Dr. Calcaterra has helped dozens of patients to “ditch the CPAP” with oral appliances for sleep apnea.
- Crown Lengthening – this procedure is done to either help with the appearance of gum tissue or to help with the fit of a crown.
- Tooth Extractions – we like to save teeth when possible but sometimes a tooth cannot be saved. Dr. Nicholas Calcaterra has extensive experience in removing teeth and can nearly always extract a tooth on the same day when necessary.
- Laser Frenectomy – a frenectomy is a procedure where a tiny band of muscle tissue in the mouth is removed. We do this procedure with a laser which reduces post-operative pain.
- Wisdom Teeth Extractions – many teenage and adult patients need their wisdom teeth removed. We are able to accommodate nearly all wisdom teeth in our office without having to refer you elsewhere. Sedation is also available.
- We offer a full suite of pediatric dental procedures including sealants, nitrous oxide, space maintainers, and topical fluoride.
- Nitrous Oxide – also called laughing gas, this is useful for both children and adults to reduce anxiety during dental visits.
- IV and Oral Sedation Dentistry – Are you afraid of the sights, smells, and overall experience of the dentist? Dr. Nick Calcaterra is one of only a few general dentists in the entire state of CT with a permit to do IV sedation. Learn more here.