We recently completed a small renovation project to enhance our patients’ experiences. In addition to our existing wall mounted TVs, we mounted flat screen TVs on the ceiling directly above our dental chairs!
Little did we know that this renovation would be such a big hit for both adults and kids. Some of the comments we’ve heard:
- Can I get the name of your carpenter? I need several of these in my house.
- Can I leave my kids here for several hours while I go shopping?
- I’ve been a fan of getting my teeth cleaned, but with this TV, I actually love it now!
- This is better than getting a pedicure!
Our carpenter (who is also a patient of ours) custom designed and built the cabinets for the TVs, complete with sound vents and an area for the remote control to function. Here is a closeup:
And don’t worry, the TV is secured into the ceiling with commercial grade fasteners and plywood.
Why Ceiling Mounted TVs Help Us to Help You
We obviously installed the TVs in the ceiling to allow our patients to watch TV. But there are several less obvious benefits. These include:
- Increased Efficiency – with you looking at the TV directly above, your head position is ideal for us to complete your procedure(s). We can then do better dentistry in less time!
- Better Pediatric Patient Behavior – as an office that sees tons of kids, we know that we have a limited amount of time to get procedures done. Now, the kids don’t even want to leave the chair. And we’ve also noticed that kids who previously needed nitrous oxide no longer need it – they just needed the TV!
- More Consistent Appointments – because the TV makes dental visits enjoyable, we find our patients actually enjoy coming to see us. With an increased frequency of visits, we are able to detect small problems before they become big. This results in healthy teeth and smiles all around.
Each TV has a dedicated cable box with over 200+ Optimum channels from which to choose.
Looking for a modern dental office for you or your family? Call us at (203) 799 – 2929 or visit this page to request an appointment.